Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Gray Day

It is cold and rainy out, which seems to be the case every time Emily and I head off to the neighboring suburb of Poruba to lead English Club at one of the local high schools. We have some fun games planned for the afternoon, and we're determined not to let the weather get us down. It's funny- eight years out of high school, and sometime I'm still trying to be "cool" enough to impress a group of teenagers. Hopefully we'll all have a good laugh today.

And then tonight we have a visitor, Miss Kelly K, staying with us. Kelly is our Central Europe Field Director, and she'll be in town observing some of our classes and also checking in with the status of our team in general. I've promised my elementary kids that if they can behave themselves during her visit that I will let them watch a movie in the following lesson. Emily and I (lovingly) refer to them as our little 'hooligans,' so it will be quite the experiment to see if they can actually pull this off. I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

1 comment: